lunes, 11 de noviembre de 2013

I love democracy!!!

Since I was born I  have heard a lot of people who were born in a dictatorship in Chile. They could not vote for mostly 20 years and they have to accept everything just the way it came.
I was born in the 90´s, just when democracy came back to my country and I was born inside a family who loves to vote and show that they are participing. For example, I grow up hearing my dad saying how important it is to live in a democracy and how important it is to be a citizen and participe on every decision that you can.
Today we are in front of an eleccion for a president coming in November 17. The new president of Chile also is gonna be the sixth president after democracy came back to our country and it could be for the second time a woman.
Of course I am going to vote in the next election, because I feel this is a right that we should use and most of all for ladies  because we won it several years after men.
Also I think the electoral campaings are getting better and better in this democracy since I was born. Years ago there were a lot of dificulties to control electoral campaigns, things like the money they were using or the things they were offering were not right, but in this time those things are really getting better.
A person that wants to run for a public position must have a really good reason and that reason should be public service.
I have never considered to be a politicians, because I like to be in the other side of the decisions more. Acctualy I like better the technical part of the politics.
I am from Rengo, small town south of Santiago, so I vote there. The campaing there is not as good as I would like, because the major of the city has a lot to say about it but I guess it is something that many times you can not control for the idiosyncrasy that such a small town like Rengo has.

4 comentarios:

alan price dijo...

I don't know Rengo but it seems to be very nice, lol.

Who're the candidates there?, i hope they have the charactheristics that you want for a candidate.

Byes!

Gustavo dijo...

I like your familiar tradition of voting, that's a civil culture; it's very valourable

The question is...the candidates represent the neighbohours of Rengo???? If the answer are positive, you know your vote xD

Greetings =D

heycaam dijo...

I understand you when you say that all your family talks about voting, my mom and dad always talked to me about that when I was little too so I can say that they influence me with all the voting thing as well.

Unknown dijo...

I think that is a agrement. We have to protect democracy. Many people los their lifes fihting for a better world. We cant leave this sacrifice at the garbage destiny.